4185Sudden Cut-Off

  • Christopher Khaw
    Feb 22, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      My 528i would quite often cut-off automatically especially during cold
      start. This happens normally after acceleration or during changing of
      gear when the clutch is engaged (Manual Transmission.

      When this happens, the power steering will cut off & the brakes goes weak.

      The idling of the car is slightly below 1000rpm which is quite okay.
      However, i must say that the idling is not really that stable as it
      seems to jerk quite a bit with the rpm going up and down.

      The air-flow meter had been changed once and replaced with a 2nd hand unit.

      Would appreciate if you guys can give me some advice.

      Thanks!
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic