4239Re: [bmw e28] HORRIBLE SHAKING WHEN BRAKING OVER 40 MPH'S/SERIOUS SHAKING OVER 50 MPH'S

  • carlosmciver
    Mar 9, 2006
      --- In bmwe28@..., Guy DiCesare <guydicesare2000@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Carlos. I had the same thing and it was the
      > thrust arm bushings. It was NOT warped rotors. Once I
      > replaced the bushings with UPGRADE POLY bushings (not
      > OE type) the problem resolved. I had a mechanic tell
      > me I needed tie rod ends, new center link and rotors.
      > All I replaced was the bushings and the problem
      > stoppped.. Good place to start. Good luck, Guy
      > Hey Carlos. I had the same thing
      >
      > --- carlosmciver <carlosmciver@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > HI GUYS, I HAVE TWO PROBLEMS: FIRST, WHEN APPLYING
      > > THE BRAKES AT
      > > SPEEDS OVER 40, IT FEELS LIKE MY FRONT WHEELS ARE
      > > GOING TO BREAK OFF,
      > > IT HAS A SEVERE SIDE TO SIDE SHAKING SO I HAVE TO
      > > LET UP AND RE-APPLY
      > > THE BRAKES. SECOND, WHEN REACHING SPEEDS OVER 55, I
      > > GET ALOT OF
      > > VIBRATION THROUGH THE ENTIRE CAR, ESPECIALLY IN THE
      > > STEERING WHEEL.
      > > IT SEEMS I HAVE TO SPEED UP TO SMOOTH IT OUT. OH I
      > > HAVE A 1984 533I
      > >
      > > thanks Guy, that makes alot of since considering when and how it
      occurs. i will try this and i hope that is it, it can feel really
      scary when i have to stop and i feel like i am on a vibrating chair
      at high speeds. thanks again, hope you are right

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic