4250Re: [bmw e28] What are we driving ?

  • william ripley
    Mar 13, 2006
      HEY THERE GUY'S

      I JUST BOUGHT 1987 535 I BRONZE WITH THE BROWN
      INTERIOR. I HAVE AN 88 EXACT SAME ( EXCEPT THE 88 HAD
      POWER SEATS ) THAT KAKED ON ME THAAT I USE FOR SPARE
      PARTS AND REFERENCE. THE NEW ONE HAS ELECTRICAQL
      ISSUSES , BUT I GOT IT FROM ONE OF MY MECHANICS FOR
      500 AND HAVE HAD TO PUT 1000 OR SO IN IT OVER THE LAST
      YEAR. THE CLUTCH PISTON WENT ( ALSO ON THE OLD ONE )
      AND HAVE HAD TO PUT NEW CALIPER AND PADS ( DID MYSELF
      ) ON THE FRONT. GREAT CAR EXCEPT FOR THE GHOSTS IN THE
      ELECTRICAL.
      I WILL TRY TO DO SOME BODY STUFF THIS SUMMER. IRT
      HAS ABOUT 300,000 ON IT , BUT IAM STILL GETTTING ABOUT
      550 KM'S PER TANK, AND STILL HAS GOOD PU FOR A CAR
      THIS AGE. IT ACTUALLY RUNS BETTER THAN THE 88 I HAD
      WHEN IT WAS IN PPEAK SHAPE.

      BILL

      Bill Ripley

      bilripley@...