4262Throttle position switch input voltage...

  • purplehead2002
    Mar 18, 2006
      Dear group members,

      On my 1983 528e I am getting 6 volts from the 3 wired harness
      leading up to the throttle position switch. 6 volts from the middle
      wire out to either of the two wires next to it. I am under the
      impression that the input voltage should be 12 volts.
      Can anyone help me out on this subject? And yes, I have been
      having drivability problems with this car as I do not have a nice
      steady idle.
      The throttle position switch was changed out a couple of months
      ago.

      Sincerely,

      Joel T. Gonzalez
      San Antonio, TX.