4270Re: [bmw e28] Throttle position switch input voltage...

  • john holst
    Mar 19, 2006
      purplehead2002 <purplehead2002@...> wrote: Dear group members,

      On my 1983 528e I am getting 6 volts from the 3 wired harness.........

      Well, the electrics are a challenge.In my bentley book it says "before testing the throttle switch or idle position switch check that there it is receiving voltage, disconnect the harness connector. with ignitioin on, there should be 5 volts. Continuity (ohms)test can be done on the switch as well. I can tell you the procedure if you require it. John.