4272Re: [bmw e28] Throttle position switch input voltage...

  • Joel T. Gonzalez
    Mar 20, 2006
      Hi John,

      I am going crazy with this vehicle as I have tested practically everything. The reason being that I thought that maybe 12 volts from each of the 2 wires was possible is that I had come across some information on the net.
      The continuity and resistance too on the throttle position sensor is there as I had replaced that a couple of months ago, however, is there a specific procedure according to the manual in testing out the brain of this car with a simple voltage, continuity, and or resistance tests?
      Any help would come in handy.

      Sincerely,

      Joel T. Gonzalez
      San Antonio, TX.

      john holst <grafton_56@...> wrote:

      purplehead2002 <purplehead2002@...> wrote: Dear group members,

      On my 1983 528e I am getting 6 volts from the 3 wired harness.........

      Well, the electrics are a challenge.In my bentley book it says "before testing the throttle switch or idle position switch check that there it is receiving voltage, disconnect the harness connector. with ignitioin on, there should be 5 volts. Continuity (ohms)test can be done on the switch as well. I can tell you the procedure if you require it. John.