4293Re: [bmw e28] Higher Octane Issues

  • jose salas
    Mar 28, 2006
      Hi:
      You can get a better performance using STARTRON GAS ADDITIVE from Starbrite.
      www.starbrite.com
      Rgrds
      Jose

      Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:
      my 528e new started on 91,
      after some time, then 89,
      now only 87. I have had it
      since new in 1986, it has
      284k miles now. I think maybe
      you bought poor gas.

      rumor - engines run the best with the
      lowest octane that does not knock.

      --- Ed MacVaugh <macvaugh@...> wrote:

      > no.
      >
      > ldsports808 wrote:
      >
      > >Hello all!
      > >
      > >I recentley put 89 octane(US) in my 528e when I normally use 87 octane
      > >(US). I noticed that my idle dropped from around 900 rpm to around
      > >650. It kind of feels like it wants to shut off. It is a kind of
      > >sputter.
      > >
      > >Since I filled the car up with 89 I am just waiting to refill it with
      > >87 to see if it makes a difference. But does anyone have any ideas if
      > >higher octane gas can cause this.

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e