4353Re: [bmw e28] Fuel preasure regulator

  • Uriel Francisco M Protomartir
    Apr 23, 2006
      I beleive I am experiencing the same problem with my idling. Can
      you help me by sending more infos like prices, pictures, etc..

      I would really appreciate it.

      Thank you so much,

      Uriel
      E28 520i 87 Model
      --- In bmwe28@..., "greg_collen" <greg_collen@y...>
      wrote:

      > I replace mine because of irregular idle. Frankly, I was guessing
      and
      > the part was fairly cheap. It solved the problem right away. I was
      > amazed.
      >
      > --- In bmwe28@..., "Agent Midnight"
      > <agentmidnight@v...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all,
      > > I know this is a bit off topic of any thing that
      > > is being talked about right now but I am a but excited ;-).
      > > For the longest time I have been having idle problem to one
      degree
      > or
      > > another and a big problem of loosing fuel preasure over night
      and
      > the car
      > > having to build up preasure in the morning.
      > > Well I wasted a lot of time and money of cold start valves, idle
      > controls
      > > Etc. and even a new fuel pump. Well...the problem seamed to be
      the
      > fuel
      > > preasure regulaor valve.
      > > I hope to save others the time I lost :-).
      > > If you have any of the problems I did and you have an ORIGINAL
      fuel
      > > regulator (you can tell because 1.) its not painted shiny black
      and
      > 2.) the
      > > end of the part number is lower then the new ones) REPLACE it
      they
      > are
      > > fairly cheap for a brand new one and 8 year old kid could
      install
      > it them
      > > selfs. If works with springs and a other parts that can fail ove
      > the years
      > > so if its original what mess with keepings it. Heck the new ones
      > look a lot
      > > nicer if you keep your engine really clean.
      > > If you install one I have a few hints 1.) when removing make
      sure
      > you have
      > > all the hoses from it removed 2.) when unbolted ;-) move it side
      > side
      > > while pulling up HARD 2.) when reinstalling use a good amount of
      > fuel all
      > > over the O-ring to lubricate it or you will be there all night
      > trying to get
      > > it on the fuel rail(GRIN).
      > > Best of luck,
      > > -Dana Sion