4365Re: [bmw e28] Rich running, surging and brake pedal oddity

  • john holst
    Apr 27, 2006
      markyboy2105112 <Markyboy1@...> wrote: Hi all. I have a 528i (UK) which I have just recently bought and
      wonder if anyone has had similar trouble. Firstly, the car is running
      rich (hoping to get it tuned in the next week or so) but also surges
      when I release the throttle a bit (ie start to decelarate). I also
      have the pressure warning light comes on when I press the brake pedal,
      but it goes off after I've pressed the pedal about an inch and I start
      braking. Just had new disks & pads all round in the hope of curing it
      (although they were all pretty warn). If anyone has any suggestions
      as to what the causes and/or cures, I'd be grateful.

      Many thanks.

      Mark Dolan

      Hi Mark ,Regarding the brake light warning ,I' ve got the same thing with my 528i I believe when the pedal is pressed the pressure has primed up and the light goes out. As to the surging when decelarating, my guess is the mixture is temporarily correct and not running rich.

      Also the cold start fuel injector may be staying active due to failing sensors (water temp).which results in running rich. I hope that might help .Regards JOHN.