      From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
      Of carlosmciver
      Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2006 3:28 PM
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] rough idle and dark smoke out the exhaust

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Steve Haygood" <sfhaygood@a...>
      wrote:

      > If it is black and not blue, It is running very rich, Check fuel
      pressure
      > and the coolant temp sensor. As a quick check, does it idle better
      when the
      > dipstick is pulled out. This leans the mixture out and will verify
      the rich
      > condition
      > Steve
      >

      > Steve Haygood
      > BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
      > 03/04/05 Official 5er Fest Sponsor
      > 03/04/05 Official Sharkfest Sponsor

      On Behalf
      > Of carlosmciver
      > Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:28 PM
      > To: bmwe28@...
      > Subject: [bmw e28] rough idle and dark smoke out the exhaust WHAT
      > CAUSES THE FUEL PRESSURE TO DROP OR INCREASE? COULD IT BE A
      FAULTY FUEL PUMP? I HAVE CHANGED THE IDLE CONTROL VALVE, PRESSURE
      REGULATOR, CAM SENSORS, CRANK SENSOR, FUEL INJECTORS, ETC., AND IT STILL
      RUNS ROUGH AT A LOW IDLE AND BLACK SMOKE. I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT THE
      THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING, BEFORE IF I
      DISCONNECTED THE CONNECTOR, THE IDLE WOULD GO HIGHER, NOW IT DOES
      NOTHING(EVEN WITH A NEW ONE), ANY SUGGESTIONS??? PLEASE HELP, I LOVE THIS
      CAR!!!!!