4402Re: [bmw e28] URGENT-RUNNING PROBLEM

  • Guy DiCesare
    May 5, 2006
      HI EVERYONE. MY 88 535IS WAS BROUGHT TO THE SHOP
      RECENTLY FOR AN ENGINE MISS. MECHANIC DID NOTHING
      EXCEPT CHANGE ONE PLUG WIRE????!!!!. CAR NOW RUNS
      WORSE-COMPRESSION WAS TESTED-CYLINDERS 1 AND 2 ARE 125
      LBS, 3 THROUGH 6 ARE 150. I NEED HELP HERE-I AM A
      HOSPICE RN AND USE MY CAR DAILY TO SEE PATIENTS. I
      HAVE REPLACED THE FOLLOWING ALREADY: ICV, PLUGS,
      WIRES, FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, IN-TANK FUEL PUMP,
      TEMP SENDER, FUEL FILTER. DISTRIBUTOR AND ROTOR ARE 4
      YEARS OLD. VACUUM LINES APPEAR OK AND WERE CHECKED
      RECENTLY. CAR IS ON THE VERGE OF STALLING WHEN I FIRST
      TURN IT ON (HOT OR COLD)AND IT RUNS VERY ROUGH. IT
      HESITATES VERY BADLY. FUEL MIXTURE/TPS SCREWS DID NOT
      CHANGE ANYTHING. I WAS TOLD MY AIR MASS METER WAS BAD,
      BUT AS I WAS LEAVING THE SHOP, A SECOND MECHANIC TOLD
      ME HE DIDN'T THINK THIS MEANT A BAD METER. PULLING THE
      DIPSTICK MAKES THINGS EVEN WORSE.. INJECTORS ARE
      GETTING PROPER VOLTAGE. CAN YOU RECOMMEND WHAT TO
      CHECK NEXT? I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS FIXED-IT'S MY
      LIVELIHOOD.THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE, GUY D

      --- markyboy2105112 <markyboy2105112@...>