      From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
      Of Blake Nancarrow
      Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:08 PM
      To: 'bmwe28@...'
      Subject: RE: [bmw e28] Help!!!!!!! Wheel bolt torque

      On Wednesday 17 May 2006 3:38 PM, Brett Peavey wrote:
      > I would llike to know how to find out the proper torque for those
      > bolts.

      It is commonly recommended at all Canadian and USA BMW driving schools to
      torque to 85 or 90 (for aluminum wheels). Slightly higher for steel wheels.

      Last weekend, for the Datsun 240 race car, we torqued to 95.

      Most wheel and tire shops have a chart on the wall for all makes and models
      of cars...

      regards,
      Blake

      88 E30 M3 Flo Jo