4427Re: [bmw e28] Digest Number 1064

  • Larry R.
    May 20, 2006
      > Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Brett Peavey <pv9@...>
      > Subject: LUGS BOLT TORQUE please read and help,
      > fellow bimmerhead in dire need
      >
      > Now Tires Plus is telling me that the type of rim I
      > bought requires a 100lbs torque on the lugs. Not
      > the BMW required 75lbs. Do 18" rims require more
      torque on the lug bolts than the stock 14"s? Also, he
      said that the extra 25 lbs is not significant enough
      to do any damage. Is this man lying to me?

      > Brett Peavey

      Make them show you in writing from the wheel makers
      where they are quoting the torque specs.

      As for the length of lug bolts, they can be ordered in
      longer sizes from many wheel places. Look around on
      Ebay for wheel sellers.

      Or Google for lug nuts.

      I found a set longer on one of my cars. Not that
      much longer, but a bit.

      Seems to me you'd be better off telling them to stick
      it up their butt and get your car back the way it was
      and go elsewhere.

      Where did you get the rims?

      Larry in Dallas, TX USA