4436Re: up and down idle

  • carlosmciver
    May 23, 2006
      --- In bmwe28@..., "Scott Roberts" <srobertsmrdd@e...>

      <carlosmciver@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hello all, i would like to know if anyone can help me figure out
      > > get my idle to stay at a steady level. a few seconds after
      start up
      > > the idle goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's. has anyone
      had
      > this
      > > problem?
      > >
      > hey you may have the same problem i HAD, i have a 1984 533i and
      after changing all components that i thought were related to the
      idle, i found a resistor inline on the positive side of the
      connector for the coolant temp sensor. i reconnected it and the
      problem went away, but my idle is still a little high, but
      steady!!! try it and let me know how it goes...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic