4445Re: [bmw e28] Re: up and down idle

  • Mr james henry
    May 25, 2006
      When I first got my 5 I was experiencing idle
      problems. I purchased a new intake bellows, and then
      made sure that all hoses were sealed and had to adjust
      my throtle control while I was running in order to
      "reign" it in. Make sure your oil dipstick is in all
      the way with a proper seal as this can affect idle
      speeds as well. Hope this helps somewhat.

      --- carlosmciver <carlosmciver@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      --- In bmwe28@..., "Scott Roberts"
      <srobertsmrdd@e...>
      wrote:

      > Having the same problem, with my 82, did a post a
      month ago and
      got no
      > response, if you hear what it is from anyone let me
      know.

      <carlosmciver@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hello all, i would like to know if anyone can help
      me figure out
      > > get my idle to stay at a steady level. a few
      seconds after
      start up
      > > the idle goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's.
      has anyone
      had
      > this
      > > problem?
      > >
      > hey you may have the same problem i HAD, i have a
      1984 533i and
      after changing all components that i thought were
      related to the
      idle, i found a resistor inline on the positive side
      of the
      connector for the coolant temp sensor. i reconnected
      it and the
      problem went away, but my idle is still a little high,
      but
      steady!!! try it and let me know how it goes...

      Terms of Service.

      James Henry