4446Re: [bmw e28] rear tail light assemblies, 84 528e cars

  • Mr james henry
    May 25, 2006
      Blake, I believe that they are "glued" as I tried to
      remove one (albeit broken), in order to improve the
      look. Be careful.

      --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      OK. Weird question. Has anyone successfully removed
      the individual lenses from the tail light assemblies?

      I took the right tail light assembly from the parts
      car and I could swap it into the "good" car. But the
      corner reflector piece is cracked. Whereas the
      assembly in the "good" car has a smashed orange signal

      lens.

      I'd like to mix and match the good lenses to make one
      perfect assembly. But each lens _appears_ to be glued

      in! And after 20 years, they won't budge!

      cheers,
      Blake

      Terms of Service.

      James Henry