4453Re: [BMW e28] driveshaft?

  • tony maddison
    Jun 9, 2006
      Brett Peavey <pv9@...> wrote: hey guys.
      my driveshaft came out of alignment? does that sounds
      right? and i guess that the driveshaft is welded to
      the something and you cant repair the welds. you must
      replace the whole thing? $700.00? you must be
      freaking joking. any info on how this works would be awesome.

      Brett Peavey
      Microwave Component Sources
      Ph. 904.721.3711
      Fax. 904-721-3714
      Cell. 904.210.6573
      PV9@...
      www.microwavecomponentsources.com

      I assume from what you're saying, that you 'prop' shaft is causing a realy bad vibration through the car at speed?
      Your drive (prop) shaft has 2 universal joints fitted in it. Chances are one or both of them have worn exsevly causing you greef.

      I've got the same problem with mine, but i phoned an industrial propshaft maker about changing the joint in my prop. They quted me £55.00 ( about $35) to suply and fit a new U.J and rebalence it.

      I surgest you ring around a few other prop shaft speshalists in your area.