4463Re: [bmw e28] Hello just a quick question from a yank in tennessee

  • Tery Wood Sr.
    Jun 13, 2006
      Okay I replaced the starter now clutch will not engage, I then
      replaced the master and slave clynders and bled the system. the
      clutch pedal feels a bit soft, but will travel the full throw
      length. When the car is not running I can put the clutch in and go
      through all the gears, if I try and start the car in gear it will
      jump. Like I said everything was working fine when I parked it
      before I started working on it. I have also replaced the battery,
      and both cables. I have looked for a lock out switch, but didn't
      think this model had one. I don't know if it matters but I am also
      doing some under the dash work also, I have pulled the old radio and
      am putting a new one in. Any help would be great. Thanks Tery

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Steve Haygood" <sfhaygood@a...>
      wrote:

      > Please define what you mean by"it will not work" ? Is the clutch
      pedal on
      > the floor ? . Did you remove the trans when you pulled the starter?
      > Steve
      >
      > Steve Haygood
      > BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
      > 03/04/05 Official 5er Fest Sponsor