4483Re: [bmw e28] 533i Overheating problems

  • bimmernutjob
    Jun 18, 2006
      Short of replacing the radiator, I plan to buy a 71 (celcius) thermostat and/or a 75
      thermostat. I have a e28 parts car, which never had overheating issues...maby swap
      radiators....and go from there..thanks for advice....otto

      --- In bmwe28@..., "bimmernutjob" <bimmernutjob@y...> wrote:

      > --- In bmwe28@..., Blake Nancarrow <blaken@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Sunday 18 June 2006 12:44 PM, bimmernutjob wrote:
      > > > 2. highway is fine, midrange temps. But in town
      > > it sometimes jumps to near red zone.
      > >
      > > How new/old is the rad? Not sure about radiator, I suppose a good flushing will
      give
      > some clues
      > >
      > > Is the main rad engine fan working? CLUTCH-FAN has been checked out, and is ok
      > >
      > > Is the auxiliary rad fan working? elec/aux fan is on a manual switch
      >
      > thanks for the input otto

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic