4489Re: [bmw e28] Re: 533i Overheating problems

  • harvey kay
    Jun 19, 2006
      The viscous coupler is a little piece of
      temperature-sensitive metal that controls what temp.
      to kick in the cooling fan, its housed near the fan
      somewhere (i had a mechanic sort mine, sorry). They
      break through metal fatigue over time. The car runs
      fine on clear runs or motorways because the air speed
      is enough to cool the rad., but around town it starts
      to overheat as the fan won't start, at least they were
      my symptoms. I think it was about £60 fitted, more
      from BMW obviously! You can get the part on-line
      fairly easily. Good luck buddy

      All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic