      Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 06:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Allan Balagot <>
      Subject: RE: SPRINGS AND SHOCKS

      the touring shocks only had one perch. It's funny because I took a clip from
      the old bilstein shock that i had and it still broke down after i replaced
      it on the way home. 100 bucks down the drain all for nothing. Is it smart
      to mix springs? say, for my front use the lowered sport springs and for the
      rear my original stock springs?. or It is possible to use the new bilstein
      sport shocks I have with my stock springs? another thing is what did you
      mean by welding your oil pan up?
      thanks for your input

      doug dykaar <ddykaar@...> wrote: Check the shock height. They may
      be shorter. I seem to recall the Bilstein
      sport setup is. I had my oil pan welded up once too. The rear shocks have
      several perches, and I believe mine are on the top perch. The clip is
      replaceable. I've seen them fail at the track. Probably a good idea to keep
      a spare. ping the list if you find some cheap.

      I have the H&R spring set and the rear is very soft and I can still break
      the end loose in tight corners under power. Guess that's why its called
      "driving" and not steering.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic