4598Re: [bmw e28] A WORD OF ADVICE PLEASE?

  • Allan Balagot
    Jul 15, 2006
      Thanks for the advice. It really sucks because I spent so much money. yet my mind is throw left to right to figure what to do. Thanks again!

      Roderick Tuason <rtuason@...> wrote: No its not possbile to use sports shocks with OEM springs...the sport pistons are shorter to accomodate the short lowering springs...If you plan on raising the car back up to stock I would suggest to butyBilstien HD or touring shocks ofryou can go with the OEM shocks since you are not after the performance aspects but more of the ride comfort. you will have some stability but of course not as much as with lowering performance springs...My 2 cents....

      rabalagot <rabalagot@...> wrote: Hello All,
      I wanted to know everyones opinion about this situation i'm in.
      I currently bought bilstein sport shocks for my e28 535is. I have
      vogtland lowered sport springs. Apparently, i've been pouring money on
      my car with it's suspension. I initially bought these vogtland
      springs with (i didn't know about at the time) touring springs. It all
      came as a set. Then i had problems with my rear shocks. The clip on
      the bilstein shocks have broke down on left side and (a few months
      later) the right. So now i want to replace all around with bilstein
      sport shocks. Although, since i live around the city with potholes
      left and right, I was thinking about raise my car back up since i'm
      going to be doing this repair.

      I was thinking if it was possible to use the sports shocks with the
      original stock springs? Is that possible? I still want some what of a
      stable car ride especially on turns and curves. Please let me know if
      this is possible before I do anything. As much input is appreciated.
      Thanks all!