4607Re: [bmw e28] Re: I got the fuel filter changed and now...

  • Ron Kall
    Jul 16, 2006
      There are posts on the net on how to:

      use a vega pump for the in-tank fuel
      pump replacement. I did mine for less
      than $30.00. That included a new pump,
      screen mesh thing, tie wrapped to my old
      frame. I did it on my 1986 528e about 3
      years and 50k miles ago.

      good luck!

      --- bimmernutjob <bimmernutjob@...> wrote:

      > Oh, I almost forgot. A member of chat group has parts too, and can usaully beat most
      > parthouses on price and shipping. Steve Haygood in Georgia. sfhaygood@...
      >
      > p.s. dont waste your money on a mechanic, like I did on in-tank pump, mechanic also
      > ripped me off with price of parts, besides doing shoddy work. Do it yourself. you can
      > pick up an in-tank pump for under 100 bucks, make sure you get new gasget, and check
      > condition of old mounting nuts and replace if rusty.
      >
      > good luck
      >

      > --- In bmwe28@..., "Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis" <nadavis02@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Good Day!!
      > > Yeah I am going to start with the fuel pump relay - I have a repair and trying to
      > locate the relay now. Is it by the fuses in the engine. I have a 1985 528e. When I was
      > checking the book under problems the in-tank fuel pump kept coming up in the list of
      > possible problems.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help!!
      > >

      > > bimmernutjob <bimmernutjob@y...> wrote:
      > > NICHOLAS
      > >
      > > if your lucky, it's only the fuel pump relay, but
      > > more likely it's the in-tank fuel pump. check ARIZONA autohaus.com
      > > bosch in-line pump is most likley ok, or car might not even start.
      > >

      > > --- In bmwe28@..., "Nicholas" <nadavis02@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Good Day!!
      > > > I got my usual mechanic to change my fuel filter and now the car
      > > > stalls after first cranking and when running it dies at red lights.
      > > > This problem was happening before but not that frequent. Where should
      > > > I start?
      > > >
      > > > Nicholas
      > > >

      > > Thanks,
      > > Nick A. Davis
      > > Director
      > > Detour Memphis - Online Magazine
      > >

      > > Check Out the BLOG - The World of Nick A. Davis
      > >
      > > A Starr On The Moon Production Video Site

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e
      1985 535i