4626clutch slave rebuild

  • doug dykaar
    Jul 27, 2006
      I recently rebuilt the slave cylinder. I bled it while it was removed from
      the engine (bleeder valve tipped up) using a vacuum bleeder. Over time it
      appears to be still sucking air. When cold the clutch engages right at the
      bottom, and seems to approach normal when warm.

      Did I miss something when I installed the rebuild kit?

      Should I remove the car from the slave (again) and polish the cylinder with
      emery cloth? Given that the problem diminishes as it heats up is it possible
      thatthe master cylinder is pooched? The car has 150kmi, recent clutch and
      hose from the resevoir to the clutch master cylinder.

      Regards,

      doug
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic