4630RE: [bmw e28] clutch slave rebuild

  • dave ruiz
    Jul 28, 2006
      Doug, I work on BMWs and Porsches as well as other stuff. I always do the salve and master at the same time. The incidence of failure the unit that I didn't replace or rebuild within a month's time has been 100%. I learned to just do both at the same time. Same water and dirt content in both master and slave. Usually the same damage. -Dave RuizIf you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown

      To: bmw@...; bmwe28@...: ddykaar@...: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:28:36 -0400Subject: [bmw e28] <e28> clutch slave rebuildI recently rebuilt the slave cylinder. I bled it while it was removed fromthe engine (bleeder valve tipped up) using a vacuum bleeder. Over time itappears to be still sucking air. When cold the clutch engages right at thebottom, and seems to approach normal when warm.Did I miss something when I installed the rebuild kit?Should I remove the car from the slave (again) and polish the cylinder withemery cloth? Given that the problem diminishes as it heats up is it possiblethatthe master cylinder is pooched? The car has 150kmi, recent clutch andhose from the resevoir to the clutch master cylinder.Regards,doug