4636Re: [bmw e28] wheels...

  • John Forbey
    Aug 13, 2006
      Tom,
      The brake pedal controls a first-time-pressed return
      function for the On-Board-Computer. On mine it says
      it in the manual. My yellow hazard light at the
      middle of the panel will continue to flash as well as
      the red brake light beacon on the panel between the
      sun visors until I press the brake pedal. This was
      also in the operator's manual.
      I think that the on-board comp., when it checks the
      circuits for the brake lights for continuity, either
      fails to find continuity or maybe there is a sender
      for the brake pedal which is located behind the
      under-dash cover that might be inoperative. This
      happened to me and I just changed the little switch
      either behind or right next to the pedal bar.
      -Just trying to cover whatever,
      John Forbey
      jforbey@...