      From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
      Of bimmernutjob
      Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:37 PM
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: [bmw e28] 533 OVERHEATING

      gentlemen

      I am stumped with this problem.
      Today I replaced the fan clutch, and now temperature is all over the
      place !!!!! too hot on highwat speed, then below average in town ?

      car is over 160k miles. I'm supecting temp sensor, or maby an
      electrical problem. so far I have:

      1. switched temp sensor from a 528e
      2. replaced thermostat ( stock - oem )
      3. replaced fan clutch ( sachs )