4666RE: [bmw e28] 1984 E28 no start

  • Blake Nancarrow
    Aug 29, 2006
      On Tuesday 29 August 2006 5:29 PM, madm1ckey83 wrote:
      > Hi i have a 1984 e28 520 i and its been fine up till
      yesterday when it
      > wouldnt start, it dosnt tick over any more all the
      lights come on when
      > u turn the key but its dosnt tick,any ideas??

      Shortly after I got the 528e, the starter motor died.
      Replaced that. Had the shop, at the time, do it. (I
      recently replaced a dead starter motor myself in my
      M3.)

      But then the ignition key started getting wobbly. To
      the point where it was difficult to start the 528e.
      It worked in the ON position but not START.

      I rigged up a start button on the dash. Just like a
      Honda S2000!

      cheers,
      Blake

      88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
      performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust
      84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
      air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines,
      leather seats (front)
      84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic