4667RE: [bmw e28] clutch slave rebuild

  • Ron Kall
    Aug 29, 2006
      Doug,

      Thanks for the tip on the slave. I was away when
      mine failed. My son called a local shop, and for
      $1,300.00 or so I had a new master, new slave,
      and something else done. I figured I could have
      bought the parts for less than $200.00. I was pretty
      bummed, but could not get back to town to manage the
      repair myself.

      take care,

      --- doug dykaar <ddykaar@...> wrote:

      > Ron,
      >
      > The slave kit was half that. Its the seal that goes bad. I hate to waste. If
      > I had bought a rebuilt unit, I would have felt obligated to keep the old one
      > forever.
      >
      > Now we're up to the master. I'm told they should be done at the same time.
      > Some mornings there is no clutch at all until the engine warms up, sometimes
      > its just low. When I did the slave and bled it it was fine. Clutch was done
      > recently, so the clutch master should be the last link (except for the bomb
      > and brake master...)
      >
      > Prices for the master (whole) appear to be around $90CDN, and thats too
      > much.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > doug
      >
      > 85 535