4700RE: [bmw e28] steering shakes but not balancing?

  • Dan McNarry
    Sep 1, 2006
      Jerry,

      I have an 85 535i and occasionally I get a shake in the steering wheel just
      as you describe. I've traced it to a sticking left front brake caliper. The
      car is in otherwise excellent condition. It didn't do it consistently but if
      it was in shake mode I just had to stab the brakes hard and release quickly
      and the shake would go away. As you say, go figure!

      Regards,

      Dan