4714Key snapped inside door keyhole!

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Sep 21, 2006
      Yesterday, while opening my 88 E28, I apparently turned the key before
      sticking it in completely and the key snapped inside. Luckyly, I had
      a spare... inside the glove compartment!!

      After thinking about it, the solution was simple. I pushed the piece
      of the key into the cylinder with the house keys and turned it and
      Voila! The car opened.

      Now I have a problem, how do I remove the broken piece now? The car
      can now be opened by almost any flathead screwdriver and almost any key!!!

      I guess the whole lock cylinder has to come out from inside the door,
      right? Anyone everhad this problem?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic