4717Re: [bmw e28] Fuel leak on start up

  • Joel T. Gonzalez
    Sep 21, 2006
      Look at the incoming hose that is at the firewall that connects the hard steel line to the fuel rail. This hose is a small flex hose but with age becomes brittle with heat. Are the bolts that secure your fuel rail tight enough but not too tight either? Maybe one of the fuel injector o-rings is bad?

      Sincerely,

      Joel T. Gonzalez

      ayer4ce1 <no_reply@...> wrote:
      Folks,

      I recently purchased a 1988 535i and have begun the process of
      rebuild. After doing basic tune-up stuff (changing out the spark
      plugs, distributor cap, etc.), I noticed a fuel leak on start up. It
      looked like it was coming directly from the fuel rail but I couldn't
      pin point it since it only occurred at start up. Also noticed that
      the injector nearest the firewall was in poor shape. Could this be
      the culprit? Any suggestions?

      Thanks,