4740Re: [bmw e28] head bolts loose/oil and coolant leak?

  • calmloki
    Oct 14, 2006
      Yep - my 533i had the same oil leak at the cover plate - I think i
      remember it having a so-called duck gasket (because of it's shape).
      Also has a single bolt that goes through an oil area and takes a
      special sealing bolt. Real fun to R&R, hard to see.
      Tom

      --- In bmwe28@..., john holst <grafton_56@y...> wrote:

      > hi when checking for oil leaks around the head, there is a cover
      plate on the rear of the head facing the fire wall,this has a gasket
      and 4 or 5 small bolts.