4805Re: 87 528e starts 70% of the time

  • Tery Wood Sr.
    10 Nov 11:30
      --- In bmwe28@..., "ricmullaly" <ricmullaly@...> wrote:
      >Sound like you are going through the same process I did with my 85,
      Fo me it was a clogged fuel sock in the tank. It ended up blowing the
      pmp befor I was able to fix the problem. You can check it by going
      into the trunk open the panel, then taking out the fuel pump assy. the
      sock will caos about 10 to 20 euros, fuel pump usually over 100
      > Hi,
      >
      > Any ideas? When it won't start, it does turn over so there is juice
      > to the starter - but it won't catch. Then one hour later it may
      start
      > right up -- or not. Has a new battery and connections to battery
      are
      > good. I brought it in for a complete tune up thinking it was
      probably
      > wires or plugs, but the same thing is still happening. Thanks for
      any
      > leads. Rick

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic