      From: bmbatkins
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 6:46 PM
      Subject: [bmw e28] 8 and 9 inch bbs split rims

      I have recently put some BBS split rims on my m535i and have put 8
      inches on the front with no problem but the 9 inch ones i have put on
      the back were rubbing on the inside of the arches. I then took it to a
      mate who helped me ground the inside of the arch off but they were
      still rubbing so i had 5mm taken of the inside face of the wheel that
      faces up to the hub on the axle but they are still rubbing a little
      bit.
      I would really appreciate some advice on what to do next as i can't
      wait to drive it again with these gorgeous split rims on.
      I don't know whether to grind a bit more off the inside of the arches
      or have the arches rolled.
      Please help as i'm missing driving my beast !!!

      Best Wishes
      Bruce Atkins