4868Re: rebuilt engine break-in

  • pld1952
    10 Dec 13:45
      --- In bmwe28@..., "guydicesare2000"
      <guydicesare2000@...> wrote:

      > I recently had a 3.5 litre engine rebuilt on my 88 535is. It was
      > supposed to be replaced with a 30K used engine but the mechanic
      > decided to rebuild my 250K engine instead.... without telling me.
      > It's truly unbeleivable.
      > Anyway, I will be reunited with the car next week. Can anyone tell
      me
      > the correct break-in procedure (I have to assume for the moment that
      > rebuild was actually done, although I have my doubts). Any help would
      > be appreciated. Thanks.

      Tell them you want a compression and cylinder leakage report on this
      rebuild. Also make sure the invoice has a detail list of parts (not a
      lump some) If it was a rebuild there should be plenty of parts. As far
      as the break in - they should be telling you how they want it broke
      in. Also I would take it somewhere else that can be trusted and let
      them tell you if it looks like its a rebuild, and have them do a
      compression and leakage test.

      Good luck
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic