4869Re: [bmw e28] Re: rebuilt engine break-in

  • Guy DiCesare
    Dec 10, 2006
      Thanks. unfortunately, this guy isn't returning phone
      calls or emails for over 2 weeks. A detailed receipt
      was supposed to be left in the car but, of course, was
      not. Think I'm on my own with the break-in. I'm
      currently on an island in Alaska and he's in
      California.
      --- pld1952 <pld1952@...> wrote:

      > --- In bmwe28@..., "guydicesare2000"
      > <guydicesare2000@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I recently had a 3.5 litre engine rebuilt on my 88
      > 535is. It was
      > > supposed to be replaced with a 30K used engine but
      > the mechanic
      > > decided to rebuild my 250K engine instead....
      > without telling me.
      > > It's truly unbeleivable.
      > > Anyway, I will be reunited with the car next
      > week. Can anyone tell
      > me
      > > the correct break-in procedure (I have to assume
      > for the moment that
      > > rebuild was actually done, although I have my
      > doubts). Any help would
      > > be appreciated. Thanks.
      > >

      > Tell them you want a compression and cylinder
      > leakage report on this
      > rebuild. Also make sure the invoice has a detail
      > list of parts (not a
      > lump some) If it was a rebuild there should be
      > plenty of parts. As far
      > as the break in - they should be telling you how
      > they want it broke
      > in. Also I would take it somewhere else that can be
      > trusted and let
      > them tell you if it looks like its a rebuild, and
      > have them do a
      > compression and leakage test.
      >
      > Good luck

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited