4876Re: [bmw e28] Re: rebuilt engine break-in

  • Guy DiCesare
    Dec 13, 2006
      Hi. I travel for a living. I worked in Tahoe before
      Alaska so i left the car in Tahoe for the engine
      swap.Mecahic is at Tahoe.Paid 1800 bucks for a 30K
      engine,not a rebuild. Estimate was verbal but I am not
      super concerned as I have witnesses and taped phone
      calls.
      Haven't checked BBB because this is a brand new shop.
      Mechanics license is clean for the same reason.
      Condition is it drove a mile to storage. otherwise, no
      info at this time.
      I told the bureau of auto repair that I didn't agree
      with what was done but that I was going to pay because
      I really didn't trust this guy with my car. I need a
      car gassed up and ready to go anytime. My work is kind
      of like the military in that regard. Mainly, I didn't
      want the guy copping an attitude, removing my engine
      and throwing in some piece of crap engine and keeping
      my car for another 3 and a half months. This has been
      extremely stressful, as my livelihood depends on that
      car. I got a receipt emailed last night. I can send
      you a copy but don't want to post the shop's name on
      the net (I used to date an attorney-forgive my
      paranoia :). I talked with Phil today and there are
      things that probably should have been done that
      weren't. i can't catch abreak with this car. I wanted
      a fresh engine so the car didn't spend the NEXT six
      years in the shop. You may remember I was ready to
      sell the car for just these reasons last June. thanks
      for your help, and shoot a copy of your email address
      if you want to view the receipt. I promise I'm not the

      === message truncated ===