4924Re: I've got to sell my M535i

  • bimmernutjob
    Jan 14, 2007
      Sunny,

      I did a Kelly Blue Book price check (yahoo) it would only go back to 1986. A 1986 535i in
      excellent condition with similiar milage shows $1700.00(approx private party) and around
      $ 2850.00 (retail). I dont understand the big difference in retail price, and when I checked
      for average condition it went down to $1300.00, yet retail price stayed at $2800.00. I'm
      not sure if these amounts will transfer to pounds accuratley, but the lesson is, for an old
      classic which may or may not be a rare collector car....some the value is based on what it
      is worth to the owner, seller, or new buyer. Good luck-nutty

      --- In bmwe28@..., sunny vadher <sunny_vadher@...> wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > I would like to request an idea of what My e28 518i would be worth. Its a 1985 modle
      with leater interior. I have had 17 in alloys put on and lowered the car by 30cm (does not
      look silly. The car is in a sound condition apart from the fading red (which comes up nice
      when t-cut). There is also a dent on the front and rear NS wing (but not to bad). I recently
      had a replacement engin put in with all the seals and gaskets changed. The car itself has
      done about 90k miles.

      > I dont want to sell the car as its been in the family since new. Due to my job which
      requires a lot of stop start london driving its not practical anymore.