      From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
      Of Brett Peavey
      Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 5:40 PM
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: RE: [bmw e28] ATF pump

      can anyone tell me where i can find the rebuild kit
      for this transmission. if i got it would it fix tis
      problem? i put the rear end up on lifters and ran it.
      and there was no problems, the trans worked fine.
      (although i dont remember going fast enough for it to
      shift or anything) so if i can just float the car down
      the road i shouldnt have any problems
      --- Brett Peavey <pv9@... <mailto:pv9%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

      > symptoms----when cold; the tranny will engage the
      > 1st
      > and reverse barely...and every few seconds it will
      > jolt into gear and then slip back out allowing for 2
      > maybe 3 feet of movement.
      > when warm the tranny wont engage but every minute or
      > so, giving me the same result of 2-3 feet of
      > movement.
      > --- Steve Haygood <sfhaygood@alltel. <mailto:sfhaygood%40alltel.net> net>
      wrote:

      > > what are the symptoms ? There is a rebuild kit
      > > available for the trans that
      > > includes all that you would need
      > > Steve
      > >
      > > Steve Haygood