4973Idle Going Up and Down, Jerking While Driving...

  • Nicholas
    Jan 30, 2007
      New problem - a couple of weeks ago I had the Idle Control Value
      replaced on my 1985 BMW 528e. Also had the temperature control sensor
      replaced a week before. This morning the idle was going up and down
      some as I was at a stop sign. Then about half way to work the idle was
      going up and down while driving - the car was jerking like it wanted to
      cut off. The car never died but was acting like it wanted to.

      What else should I check and replace? I don't think it is the ICV
      again. A full tune up (cap, rotor, spark plugs) was done in December
      but the wires were not replaced.

      Any input?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic