4988Re: Cold start problems below 15F/-10C

  • deindieb
    Feb 6, 2007
      Currently have 156,000 miles. Valves were not adjusted. Reading on
      cylinder 4 was 50 lbs. Don't have the readings in front of me, but
      recall that the other cylinders were all in the 90-105 range except
      for one which was 75 lbs. Mechanic wasn't concerned about any of the
      other cylinder readings, fwiw. He suggested trying an oil treatment
      product named "Restore" which is supposed to improve the low
      compression problem. I put the Restore in at the last oil change but
      haven't had the compression checked since.

      Other than this problem engine runs great. Not sure what other info i
      could give you...

      The new plugs i put in were Bosch Platinum with rating that the auto
      parts store suggested.

      --- In bmwe28@..., "pld1952" <pld1952@...> wrote:

      > Some more info here would help, how many miles, were the valves
      > adjusted when the compression was checked?, was 4 50lbs low or was it
      > 50 lbs, what was the reading on the other 5?, etc.
      >
      > Phil

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic