5017Re: Service History

  • pld1952
    Mar 9, 2007
      I don't know what privacy laws are like in the UK but here it didn't
      use to be a problem to get service history if the car was serviced at a
      dealer - today they are not as easy to get - seems to be these new
      privacy laws in the states. I would take the VIN to a dealer and let
      them see what they find. Also check for any names on oil change or
      service stickers for a shop you might be able to call and see what they
      might know.

      Phil

      --- In bmwe28@..., "straightforthesun"
      <straightforthesun@...> wrote:

      > I was sold a BMW M535i - the guy has been a complete **** and didn't
      > forward me any history, receipts, etc. and is now uncontactable. The
      > mileage is stuck at 88k and I'd love to try and get some history for
      > it. Is there anything the UK dealers/network can do? Cheers, Paolo.
      > TIB 8966

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic