5020Re: last legs

  • bimmernutjob
    Mar 14, 2007
      what part of canada ?

      I have two 528e's that can move, cheap.

      A. ( located 35 south of canadian border/ south of winnepeg )
      1984 528e 5 speed
      160k ?
      under carriage has some rust spots, but car is solid
      outer body is good with some minor issues
      strut towers are fine
      struts/suspension needs work
      5th gear is questionable
      rear end and drive shaft are smooth at any speed
      power sunroof
      color Saphire ( metallic light blue/silver )
      cloth interior /blue driver's seat needs replacing
      some of under dash wiring has been canabalized for my 533
      500.oo

      B. ( located in Minneapolis )

      1984 528e 4 speed automatic
      97k
      *transmision is not working/ only reverse
      new replaced "drag link" steering stabalizer bar
      new replaced front struts OEM
      new replaced front rotors
      new replaced alternator
      new replaced starter
      pearl beige leather interior mint condition
      body overall good condition /minor rust or body work
      exterior bahama beige
      900.oo

      --- In bmwe28@..., Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:

      > 528e fans...
      >
      > The old girl is dying. I can't seem to repair her fast enough... Just
      > put new tires on the beast but sprung a leak. Battled with rusty and
      > thinwalled fuel lines last weekend and got her running again. For now.
      >
      > Ready to swap in the new front left wheel hub. I'll install the new
      > lower control arm at the same time. Then new tie rods. Assuming
      > nothing else breaks this week.
      >
      > At 564000 kilometres and many harsh Canadian winters and a lot of abuse
      > on race tracks, I think this might be the last winter.
      >
      > Dry those eyes, chins up! I am foolishly considering a replacement of,
      > yes, the same vintage. But I'd like to find a "clean" car, meaning
      > rust-free.
      >
      > I'm starting to check the AutoTrader.com for E28 cars. I have two 1984
      > 528e cars now so a fair number of parts...
      >
      > The 535 is an option but not my first choice; M5 is out of my snack
      > bracket. Mileage is not really critical. Colour not important. Paint
      > condition not important. Manual; not automatic. Sunroof would be nice
      > (did they all have that?). Seat condition not important. Chassis,
      > floorboards, shock towers needs to be very free of rust. Dents and
      > scratches OK but panels should be in good overall shape.
      >
      > All of you in Texas and Florida and Missouri and parts south (i.e. road
      > salt free)? Maybe you can keep an eye out. If you know of a wrecker
      > with a good car with blown engine... Someone selling their old baby.
      > Or a barn car. I'll take good care of it.
      >
      > cheers,
      > Blake

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic