5024Re: A question about eletronics in my 85 e28

  • jforbey
    Mar 17, 2007
      --- In bmwe28@..., "bimmernutjob" <bimmernutjob@...>
      wrote:

      > the relay for main fuel pump (has a different configuration with
      regard to the prongs),
      > have you checked that relay and fuses ?
      > you could also check under inspection plate (in boot/trunk) for
      corrosion at prre-pump
      > connections, although I suspect it to be something else
      >
      > bmw nutty-good luck

      Sounds like the rpm and crank position sensor leads to me. I had to
      replace them both before I could get mine to run or start
      consistently. I guess over time they built up corrosion and
      resistance.

      wrote:

      > > I have an e28 528e the will crank, but won't start. I am getting
      no
      > > power to the fuel pump or the distribitor. I was wondering if
      there was
      > > an inertia switch or main relay that would cause this. Any Ideas
      would
      > > be helpfull. Getting really close to getting everything fixed and
      now
      > > this. It ran fine, my wife put gas in it and when I tried to
      start it
      > > five minuts later nothing.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic