      From: bimmernutjob <bimmernutjob@...>
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:01:07 PM
      Subject: [bmw e28] Re: E28 electric fan setup

      The clutch fan is generally engaged at lower speeds ( city ) and saves engine power at
      highy speeds when not needed as much. Electric fan in front is a type of auxillary fan for
      addional cooling, AC condensor/usage, city driving, idiling, and even after shut-off when
      working properly.

      I would be cautious of "Jerry-rigging" your BMW, unless you have researched this, and
      discovered an improvement. My best advice is to maintain your current system, read
      Larry's advice on BMW anti-freeze, replace clutch-fan with OEM product, etc ...

      regards, nutty

      --- In bmwe28@yahoogroups. co.uk, David Rodriguez <daverodus@. ..> wrote:

      > Has anyone installed electric fans on their e28. I have a 1988 535is and the fan clutch
      is bad. I've thought about replacing with electric (due to additional cooling and added hp).
      Can anyone give me advice (if you know of a model/manufacturer/ etc...that will work on
      our e28s).