      From: David Rodriguez <daverodus@...>
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:31:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] Re: E28 electric fan setup

      Here's the question: Does any one know of a company that sells an electric fan(s) kit for an e28?

      It's definitely a given that electric fans cool better (especially at low speed or a stopped idle) and pull less power from the engine (higher hp). Alot of people have been switching them on all sorts of vehicles (including hotrods). The only question is: is there a kit that I can install to get the job done. I've seen this done many times just not with E28's. I'm talking about pulling the factory fan and shroud and then installing 1-2 electric fans including a shroud that fits the fans. Removing the factory fan completely. I'm not talking about the axillary fan. You'd never have to deal with another fan clutch replacement.