5165Re: [bmw e28] couple of questions - a/c - fuel smell - boot leak

  • phatbimma
    Oct 22, 2007
      Many thanks chaps - I'll take a look at those hoses now - in terms of
      the boot i mean the 'trunk' - its always damp and letting in water and
      was just wondering if there was an adjustment/easy fix rather than
      changing the whole seal,cheers, Sami

      --- In bmwe28@..., john holst <grafton_56@...> wrote:

      > In regard to the petrol smell ,I found a loose hose clamp on the
      cold start injector which is hidden from view under the manifold ( a
      blue injector) check it as well. John from Oz.

      here usually run $150-$300 and the way to do it is pull it yourself.
      That way you know what all is involved. Look at the system in realoem
      to get an idea of what all is involved.

      > Inspect all fuel hoses, clamps, connections and look closely at the
      injectors when starting cold - they leak and if they do replace
      it/them!! You can also have the injectors cleaned tested at a place
      that specializes in that process (some shops have the equipment to do
      this in house).