5183Re: Heat and lots of it

  • doug dykaar
    Oct 26, 2007
      Dana,

      Start with the heater monovalve. If you haven't
      replaced it, its prolly
      time. See realoem.com for pix. Its an easy R&R, its
      right up at the top of
      the engine bay, on the driver's side of the firewall,
      four screws. The cheap
      aftermarket version won't last long; The valve has a
      very thin gasket in
      there (thatÂ’s what fails) and the cheap one fails MUCH
      sooner.

      The usual failure mode is uncontrolled cycling, but I
      could get my second
      one to hang on full heat, so I could survive in winter
      without getting
      another...

      Regards,

      doug