5207Re: BMW 525e 1988 FOR SALE

  • jforbey
    15 Jan 12:45
      --- In bmwe28@..., "brett peavey" <brettpv9@...> wrote:

      > > hello all...again...i seem to be having a problem with my 535i.
      i just
      > > put 2300 into a new tranny and now the engine seems to be running
      > > incorrectly. if youcan imagine a normal sounding engine and then
      for 1 or 2
      > > seconds (every 6 seconds or so) i feel a dip in power and the
      engine tone
      > > goes lower. i dont know how else to describe it.
      > > (-----------___------------___------------__-------) that is
      what it looks
      > > like in my brain. any help, advise, problem solving comments.

      The only thing I can think of, knowing that the transmission has been
      replaced, are the rpm and position sensors. If your car is old
      enough to have them, they are located on the lower drivers side of
      the trans bell housing and run across the top of the transmission to
      the rear intake manifold reinforcement where they connect to three
      pin connectors for the ecu. There are resistance tests that you can
      do to insure these work correctly...if you need the resistance
      figures I can give them to you.

      John F. Forbey
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic